Sunday, November 21, 2010

On Christmas Music: Another Plainsman Throwback Column

Am I gravely mistaken or is it not still the month of November? I realize I'm slightly cuckoo, but I can figure out dates and times.

Why, why, why in the name of all that is holy am I being inundated with Christmas music on my radio on not one, but at least three stations.

Last year, while still at The Plainsman as Opinions Editor, I wrote a little piece on how I feel about Christmas music.

Carol of the Hells: Thoughts on Christmas Music

I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm just not a fan. Never have been, never will be.

Maybe one of you Christmas music loving folks can turn me around on this one, but I don't see it happening. My stubbornness is legendary.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I'm disappointed in you for this statement:
    "Joan Jett and the Blackhearts did an interesting reworking of “The Little Drummer Boy” for their “I Love Rock & Roll” album, but having Joan sing it just leads to a healthy amount of gender confusion. If a woman is singing, shouldn’t it be “The Little Drummer Girl?”"
    *tisk tisk* Cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. the only thing worse than having to wait an extra 20 minutes after the 2 hours wal-mart said my prescription should be ready yesterday was the fact that damn christmas music was blasting from a speaker DIRECTLY above me. anything christmas before thanksgiving: horrid. before halloween: satanic. in general: awful.

    ReplyDelete